Fancy something different? Here are some great alternative cocktails using Grappa as the main spirit – the recipes are based on Nonino products; however, if you wish to replace it with another high-quality Grappa make sure you get the correct grape variety as the flavours can be very different.
Antonella (I have slightly changed the measures as the drink was very strong)
35ml Grappa Nonino Monovitigno® Lo Chardonnay Barriques
Shake and pour over ice and garnish with lemon peel
25ml Il Pirus® Nonino / Williams (pear) or Cerasus®Nonino / Kirsch (cherry)
Pour the Nonino into a flute and top up with the bubbles.
35ml Grappa Nonino 43° (white Grappa from white and red vinaccia) Tonic water Fresh lemon juice
Pour the Grappa over ice, squeeze in fresh lemon and add tonic. Garnish with lemon wheel.
Summertime – my personal favourite as I really enjoy the Grappa Moscato
35ml Amaro Nonino Quintessentia
25ml Grappa Nonino Monovitigno Moscato
Dash of Strawberry syrup *
Dash of fresh lime juice
Dash of fresh lemon juice
Shake and pour into a chilled Martini glass.
- Rinse the berries, cut off the stems and slice into smaller pieces
- Place into saucepan and cover with water and bring to the boil
- Cook 20 mins on medium simmer, scooping out any foam that rises to the top
- After about 20 mins the water will be red and the berries will have lost most of their colour – remove from heat
- Strain the liquid through a fine strainer into another clean pot, separating the solid berries from the liquid. Avoid pressing down on the berries to extract more juice – doing this will make the strawberry syrup cloudy
- After straining, add the sugar into the liquid and bring back to the boil whilst stirring continuously
- Let the syrup simmer for 5 mins and remove any foam that rises to the top
- Remove from the heat and let it cool completely before pouring into a glass bottle
- Keep refrigerated